We went to Genesis Children's Physical Therapy today for K's neck. The Technical name is called Left Torticollis. It is where she prefers to keep her head side -bent (tilted) to the left and rotated to the right. The goal of therapy is to get the head in a midline or straight position by performing stretching and strengthening exercises in the opposite direction.
Overall K is doing well. She is not a worse case scenario and in fact the doctor said we were in at the right time to correct this. K does not have any of the signs of a permanent disability and no physical deformities. Some of the severe issues that can develop from this are spinal deformities and issues with the nerves. We do not have to see the PT every week because this should be corrected very easily, so we are happy with the visit and the potential outcome. It will be reviewed again in a month to monitor her progress with the exercises.





4 comments:
I love getting good news from doctors. It sounds like you caught it in time for her to have no permanent delays. So happy for you guys. She is adorable. Joe and I love looking at your blog. I don't always leave a comment but lovin' all your posts! I hope you are all well. Take care.
Hey! Sorry to hear about Kady's neck. :( poor girl.
I am just gonna put this out there cause I am sure someone has already let you know... You do know this town has a few chiropractors, right?
Most don't charge you for infants under 1 year.
Just putin' it out there. :)
Ok - Tif that totally made me laugh! not sure why, but duh! It was like having an Uh-huh moment.
Thanks for pointing that out for me.
I'll call the clinic tomorrow. :)
That's why your awesome!
Okay, so if I ever have anything wrong with my neck or back, I hope it has a cute name like "toricollis". I'm not even joking, I thought that was your little pet name for her.
I just thought you were weird for calling her your "Left" Torticollis.
I may need to get out more.
Post a Comment