Wednesday, October 29, 2008

normal again

Ok, so here I was composing a post about how my life is back to a regular schedule and somehow it ended up being a stinky letter to a newspaper type columnist that complains about how nobody helps me with the stuff around the house. After reviewing it, I decided to scrap it and leave my complaining to the pages that have now been erased.

So really, there isn't anything fun or amazing happening today, but it's quiet in my house and my mind is left to hear my own thoughts.

S is standing next me having just sat on a balloon wanting to pop it. It did and now he wants me to put it back together. Hmmmm, this could be a difficult task. Here, have a piece of candy instead.

Halloween is just a few days away and I'm still contemplating the activities that we will do. I really just want for this day to be over quickly and for it to be Thanksgiving. Both C and I do not like Halloween - it is our least favorite day, we do it just for the kids - maybe we'll start a new tradition of just having a Halloween Party and forgetting the rest.

The cold air is moving in and has quickly left the warm days behind us. It feels as though the snow could arrive anytime. I'm not ready for the next five months of bitter cold and snow, but I really do like living in the midwest. C has just signed an extension with the Baseball team so we are locked in for 5 years. Fine with me. Little C is talking about his desire to stay here until he is 18. We'll see. C has officially had a promotion at work. No longer an Asst. GM for the baseball team he is the VP and Chief Marketing Officer for the Company that owns the team.

K is talking more and more, I love her little sounds. Hard to believe our little baby is two weeks shy of being 6 months old. I'll be turning 31 next month - not sure if I should feel depressed about it or not. I hear C making jokes already - watch it mister cause you're older than me...

As I was making my usual weekly walk around the house to wipe the walls down, I found this one. I wonder which child drew this? Oh wait! She wrote her name.


C and I have been talking about Christmas already. We are playing around with the idea of taking the kids to Minneapolis and showing them around and then a little fun at the Mall of America. It's about a 6 hour drive but it would be manageable if we left at 6pm and arrived when the kids were sleeping.

Now I'm just rambling.

Sigh.

I guess this is what I call normal.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Mall of America is so fun! you should go, you will love it.

I am happy to hear you will be staying longer. I would love to get to know you guys better!

kickenchica said...

we love your ramblings, it is what you do best.
congrats to C on the promo, although we all knew that would happen, thats just who he is and what he does.

You should do the trip, if it turns out to be a nightmare (because you took the kids) then you can look back and tell stories of that adventure later, or if it turns out to be a great family experience, it will remind you both how you should take off like that more often and get in good quality fam time. I love road trips though and it helps that mine are older.

Wise Family said...

I like the wall drawing. I guess she just wanted to let you know she really loves you! Isn't it great, the ways they choose to tell you?

Olivia Meikle said...

So I was all . . . why doesn't she ever post anything on her blog? I need some good funny stuff to read . . . but nothing ever comes up in my blog roll! So then I checked, and I'm all . . . oh. I forgot to list her in my blogroll.

So now I got to read lots of good stuff, without any waiting! Because I am a genius.