I have a friend and I was thinking of her today. She's no ordinary friend. She is special to me. I was thinking about how great it is to have a friend like her. There is no judging. We would do our hair at the others house - makeup was never a requirement and running after our kids in public is perfectly normal. I love not having to feel like I need to explain my sons behavior, because she already understands. I love that we share a lot in common & that venting to each other is more like therapy except its free. I love it when she comes over to visit just because. I love that she teaches me how to get the best deal out of everything. I loved going shopping with her. I love that she is the queen of food storage and that $200 worth of groceries could be legally purchased for $12, or a case of cookies for a buck. she makes me smile and laugh about things that most people might cry about. When my dad died, she didn't hesitate to call and tell me that she was on her way. She packed her kids in her car and drove 3 hours to babysit. I love her logic and all the "I don't care what other people think" opinions. She is the best girlfriend a person could ask for and I am missing that today. I need the sarcasm when our boys do something outrageous. I need someone to laugh with even if we shouldn't. I want to visit with her for hours about nothing. I love that she makes the unfunny funny again.
I know that people come and go, but I know that I will always have a friend in her. I want to Thank her for everything - even the little things. She is now 2000 miles away and I miss her!
"We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere." -Tim McGraw
I know that people come and go, but I know that I will always have a friend in her. I want to Thank her for everything - even the little things. She is now 2000 miles away and I miss her!
"We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere." -Tim McGraw





1 comment:
I love friends like those..I wish I had more of them!!
Post a Comment