Thursday, October 23, 2008

Shake Down

The following story is true. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Going forward as a safety precaution I will be referring to the members of our family by their first initial. My friend Nobody posted a link on her blog that touched upon the importance of blog safety against potential predators and I had this person "shake down our blog."
So to protect our family in our cute little abode somewhere on a continent on this earth. I am going to be better about keeping my children safe in an unsafe world. As it was put - we all feel safe in our own homes posting fun stories about our daily lives for all our families to see - but really we don't know who is lurking.

I know you all understand and in fact I should have followed my sisters lead when they both already did this.
We still intend on keeping our blog open, but we will be taking measures for our own Anonymity.

Here is some of the great advice from our blog shake down -"My brother once told me that there really isn't any way to make ourselves completely safe... just like we can't be totally safe walking through walmart, or sleeping in our beds at night... but we can make it inconvenient for the "bad apples" that are out there... we lock our doors. We warn our kids about strangers and hold their hands... and on our blogs, we try not to drop revealing information in to people's lap.."

I hope that this is helpful for others moving forward and the link to the blog shake down is here.

No comments: