Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkins!


Ok - so we skipped the pumpkin patch this year. The kids are all sick and with the high winds and cold air - we decided to act like responsible parents and opted for the pumpkins at the local grocery store. I know, sounds way fun and you are probably jealous, but please try and contain yourself. :)

The kids loved the Pumpkins and wanted NOTHING to do with the insides. Poor A's Pumpkin was already rotted inside so Daddy took a quick break and they ran back and got 2 more pumpkins (just to be safe)

My favorite part is the carving! A couple of years back I got brave and carved President Hinckley's face into a pumpkin. It was just sort of cool. Then the Bishop's wife came to our house and I about died not sure what she would think, turns out she loved it, Whew!

Anyway - Kids are home sick today, yeah for me. (said with sarcasm) So it won't matter how much house work I do cause they will just destroy it anyway. So I blog instead. Good thing C understands. I Love him for that!


A with All the Pumpkins - she was the only one that cared after they were all carved.

A's is the jack o lantern, S chose the spider - go figure!

C with his pumpkin before we carved the Haunted House

S with his uncarved pumpkin

A with her uncarved pumpkin

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Pumpkin carving is always fun! We just carved ours...and grocery store pumpkins are the best. You don't have to freeze picking one out. This year we tried the cool pumpkin sketches and ours turned out good. We just figured out there was such a thing, apparently they have been around a while. Who knew?

Your kids are so cute. Love the picutes. I am glad you are going through the potty training thing. I will need all of your words of wisdom in about 6 months.