Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Giving Thanks, already

Ok - so now that I have actually gotten a decent nights sleep -I am totally going to be Thankful for even the little things.
We administered S with a little Lovin and some sleepy time drowsy parent lovin stuff - and wah-lah!
ok, so we only had one tiny little incident and it was over in 5 min. So Seriously -I'm Thankful!
I realize that it has only been one night and we still shouldn't get our hopes up so quickly, but I can't help but be soooo Greatful for the littlest bit of help!

I was cleaning A's room this morning (cause she cleans her room by stuffing everything under her bed) and S came in to see me. He sat on the bed and I had some Primary music playing and out of no where he says in his sweet little garbled voice "I feel better now, thanks mom." My heart totally melted in half. All of the sleepless nights were almost worth just hearing that one little sentence, but then coupled with his cute little copying dad saying the family prayer last night and his blessing - I couldn't be a prouder mommy of my sweet little boy.
So, Auntie Chica, while I am sure there will be a time when you can totally have him for a while, I'm going to keep this sweet spirited, happy little boy that actually slept through the night last night.

Maybe it was his blessing. Maybe it was the Primary Music. Who knows maybe it was a combination of all of that, plus our faith that something would work and our Father in Heaven realizing that if we didn't, that we might have just put him up for auction on ebay.

Ok - kidding, but when you are sleep deprived your kids aren't so cute.

Speaking of cute -
Our little Spiderman

Entertaining K with his webs!

3 comments:

Lisbun said...

Sis. I'm glad it worked out.
I didn't have any great advice so I was silent. Funny though I hadn't been sleeping well myself the last few weeks. I thought it was my thyroid or super stress or something and then last night. I had a "visitor". I don't really know if I could name him, but he seemed familiar, then I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and I had a hard sleep too.
Take Care - Love Ya, Lis

sarah said...

Sorry I had no advice. My kids have historically slept well. Glad he slept well last night. Hope he does tonight and every night now.

kickenchica said...

well an aunt can always try! I am glad the sleep came.... if even only for a night.