So I have big hopes for losing the baby weight.
Seriously.
Actually I have probably lost the baby weight and what I have now is just plain eating too much weight, but let me pretend its not that bad and we'll blame the baby weight (6 months later).
But as I sit here and decided to read a few emails and see if anybody wrote me to let me know how much they love me, I realized that if I so desire to loose a couple sizes that I seriously need to start with the things around me.
There are chocolates, Good & Plenty's and a christmas tree cake. How on earth did this become my comfort food and how on earth did it get over here? All of it?
I keep thinking in my head that tomorrow I will start eating healthier and tomorrow I will go for a walk or something exercisey and then nothing. The typical excuses. It's too cold do to that or the babies are sleeping and I could really get a lot done around the house, or I'm too tired.
Why is sitting, watching T.V., easier than sitting, watching T.V. and stretching my muscles followed with a light work out of sit ups or pilates?
I keep thinking in my head, someday soon I'm gonna look hot. Someday, I can sing "I'm bringing sexy back" and it will actually apply.
But I keep pushing someday, to the next day and the next and the next.
I obviously need more motivation. Come drag my sorry behind out of my house and lets do something that does not involve food or spending money. (cause I am also bad at that)
Anybody?
I even have a membership to the Y but need to know what to do. I have personally NEVER been there, but I desire too. New Years cannot wait or my weight will be really bad. ooh I love fudge.
I need carrots.
1 week ago





7 comments:
I hear you...I so need to lose some weight too. I tell myself that I will start on, "Monday," and it never happens. I told Ben that starting Jan. 1st there will be no more junk food in the house. Hopefully I can drop a few pounds before we expand our family. I need to get ou of the house too...we should go mall walking or something??!??
I was there. It takes ALOT... and I think that word doesnt do it justice. I could high tail it into gear more than I am, but I lack all the oomph to really make the wow effect. It is SUPER hard for the first month really, and I have my bad days still, but I have gradually changed habits. No coffee, no soda, no bread and no sweets. Counting calories is my thing, and the stairs in my house are my friend. I make several,several, several trips up and down and let me tell you, my thighs actually like it. I wrote down what I put in my mouth for the first 2 weeks...and no cheating, before I ate it, I wrote it down, the portion and calories. It is a reality check when you realize what goes in and the equal is not coming out. I now eat anywhere between 1500-1800 calories a day, depending on the level of excercise that I put in. I dont eat after 8pm EVER, and usually dinner at 6pm is the last thing in my mouth. Water is my soulmate and so is Jello. Skinny Cow ice cream is my absolute spoil me treat. I struggled for 8 months before I got enough motivation, so yes you can still call it baby fat and I will totally agree. It takes time. 1 to 3 pounds a week is realistic and failure is a part of success. so I know you can do it!
So, I'm IN whenever anyone wants to start. Let me know. Heaven knows I've got PLENTY to get rid of. As far as motivation, well...yeah, none. :)
I think I just need to be accountable to someone. does that make any sense?
We should do a biggest loser thing...everyone pitch in $10.00 and the winner takes all!! That might get me motivated!!
I also need someone to be accountable to...my husband thinks it's him, but working out with him makes me feel like I'm at an audition up against Jennifer Anniston. Does that make sense? Anyhow...let's get this (baby) weight off together!
Biggest Loser Davenport Style! yeah, I like this idea. We should all get together and figure out the logistics. email me at melindahowerton@hotmail.com to work on a time if you are interested.
Balance the fudge with carrots. 1 bite of fudge, 1 pound of carrots.
Just kidding! You can do it! Give your self a little credit and take it slow! Don't get overwhelmed! That's how I got rid of the 40 I did this last year. You can do it!
Post a Comment