Friday, December 12, 2008

Sunshine


Oh how nice it is to open the blinds in my beloved little house today. I haven't had the sun shine through in days and suddenly I am taken back by the mess. Ugh!
My precious little 2 year old is following behind me, unfolding what I have just folded, taking out the things I just put away.
The baby is sleeping and there is Christmas Music playing. The smell of cleaner in the air. Ahhhh. Refreshing.

I'm feeling better today after a decent nights sleep. My amazing hubby back home from Baseball Winter Meetings. Did I mention he booked me a 1 hour massage session on Saturday? Yep, he's amazing. Totally loves me and appreciates me and who can blame him? Have you seen me?
Ok, enough of the gushy stuff.

Life is back in its own routine, no rushing, no throwing up, no dirty hair, no more dishes piled in the sink. Sometimes it is nice to step back and be thankful for the little things. Friends. Each other. Our health. The power of a Priesthood blessing, and the comfort of family.

Oh blessed sunshine. Shine on!

2 comments:

rychelle said...

Too bad it is still freezing outside...Okay totally jealous about the massage!! But I do'n't thing hubby needs to leave town to get one!

Becky said...

Totally getting a massage is the best thing EVER! I'm glad you survived!