Tuesday, December 30, 2008

a post about nothing


While I was vacuuming today, I noticed that one of my adorable little kiddies thought it would be a good idea to eat potato chips on the stairs and then squish them. So I busted out the hose and all the attachments. I couldn't get it to suck, so I sat down on the stairs to "fix" it. Nooshie came up to me and ever so kindly set his little hand on my shoulder and said "are you in time out, mom?"
I could only smile and laugh a little as I said no. How cute that he understood that no one was exempt from time outs on the stairs, including me.

In other news, I burnt both my arms with boiling water while making jello. C is lovingly calling it a freak jello accident and then noticed 2 hours later that our kitchen looked like a jello crime scene. I won't bore you with the details, but as I was pouring the boiling water into the mixing bowl, it slipped and slid out of my hand, I jumped back while Hot, hot water went flying everywhere and sticky jello mix spread all over my kitchen. I may have yelled something out and C came running. We of course are laughing about it now, but it really hurt. no blisters, though - so I'll survive. I'm still putting off the cleaning it up part, I am blogging instead :)

Later this evening I took Nooshie to sit on the potty while he tried to doodoo, but he couldn't concentrate. I gave him a hockey play by play book to look at while doing his business and wala! Poopy in the potty like a big boy for the first time ever! Mommy is so proud.

1 comment:

kickenchica said...

I used to give myself a timeout in the bathroom, even when I didnt have to go, not that I ever got left alone, but it helped to be in my own little room.

The hot Jello water does NOT sound good at all. Did you quickly dump milk all over you to make yourself feel better? (lol)