It has always been a fun little competition in our house with each baby as they make their first milestones. Who's name will they say first?
Will it be Mommy?
Will it be Daddy?
Both C and I repeat our names to the baby when in general play hoping that on the day the baby says the first word, it would be our name.
I have even played nice and more often than not, I will say "dada" in hopes that the baby will say it first. C misses many of the firsts since he is not home all day with the kids. I know that he enjoys the little things, so I want to help.
Just this last week C was able to see KD roll over unassisted for the first time. It was a great moment, and something he usually misses.
I am not great at remembering to be humble when the baby makes these milestones when he is not around. I will either instantly call him and let him know, or I will forget to tell him all together. If I have forgotten, he will eventually see this awesome milestone take place and make a big deal about it. Then me, being my usual self, will say something like, "oh, yeah, she's been doing it for a week." He instantly looks at me with a face of disappointment and reminds me to pretend for his benefit. On the other hand, if I call to let him know, I feel as though I am just rubbing it in. I can't win.
Tonight as I was walking Noosh upstairs for bed, I set KD in her little exersaucer toy and walked away. I wasn't even on the stairs before, clear as day -" mama" There is no hesitation, she said it. C instantly called me a name, jokingly of course, but I have to admit, there is a great feeling hearing it for the first time. It was me! oh, how I just wanted to hold her until she said it again, but really she just wanted to eat.
Honestly, I am unsure of which of our other babies said who's name first, but I want to say it is usually "dada" that wins.
1 week ago





1 comment:
DaDa won in our house!! Both times
Post a Comment