Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Whats with the woobies?


So today, as I was bringing Nooshies load of blankies and power rangers down stairs for the 15th time (not even exaggerating), I asked myself, What's the deal with all the blankies?

Noosh insists that I bring all 5 blankies to each of his locations.

The location changes at least 5 times a day.

"tate my bankies upstayos"
"Bwing my bankies downstayos"

Which one is it? Make up your mind child.
I mean, it is not as if I am doing anything else today, except maybe wait on you hand and foot.

I was glad no one was here to witness how I had succumbed to the 2 year old and his demands.

How was it that I was carrying all 5 blankies, his doggy pillow and like 10 Action figures and he walked with nothing.
He was pointing and sorting out his demands as I barely made it down the stairs without falling.

I set the pile o stuff down next to him and of course it wasn't in the right place.
I used my foot to scoot it the 3 feet to the left that he needed it and it was like an alarm had gone off.
Oh, the scream.

I was doing it wrong.
"not wif yo feet momma!"
and heaven for bid I say anything in any sort of tone in response. I immediately get the "don't say it like dat!"

Geesh! Is there anything I can do?

Why is it that I have to ask my 2 year old permission to use the bathroom?
Mommy needs a shower, is that ok with you?

If it weren't for the sweet little snotty face and the out of the blue I love you's, we might be practicing a little respect in a corner. But instead He his now happy as a clam sitting in his pile o blankies and playing with his ton o toys in the middle of the living room. (That's ok, I didn't want to clean there anyway...)

3 comments:

Cindy said...

You succumb to the demands of a 2 year old..I succumb to the demands of an 18 monther.. He needs a drink....water? no. milk? no. Juice? no. he says, water. milk. water. It is like a 2 minute debate. And I also ask permission to use the bathroom... and the shower! I am not sure what to do!

Olivia Meikle said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly they become little tyrants? Leafy Isaac can't even talk, and he is sure to let his opinions be known--no, no, no, no, NO! as he pushes away boxes until we find the right food. And somehow, we find it all acceptable. Moms make me laugh :)

Seriously, so blessed! said...

hi friend! Just changed it to say "frump-de-dump" which is not only less offensive but much more descriptive. Love you! Keep up the good work in Iowa!