I have, over time, come to terms with the fact that I am the mother to 4 kids.
An amazing, talented, beautiful and very giving mother at that :) Oh, and the kids are good too.
However, I do have to admit that I have been finding a new reason every day to be shocked that there are FOUR of them.
Holy Cow woman- have you no restraint?!
This is how I felt today- the freak show that paraded her brood of wild banshees through the grocery store for a package of diapers.
No school on this Monday, the teachers needing an in service or something like that.
I am often asked if all four are mine, or a comment is made about what a handful I have. Beans teacher just last week, commented on her thoughts as she watched me with all four while picking the kids up from school. She thought I was amazing and then said something about being one busy mama.
I see people ALL the time with lots of kids- do people really NEVER see them? or do they just feel the need to remind me that they know how to count?
Either way, after I was done offering the free point and talk show at the grocery store and the older woman standing in line behind us at the checkout was done touching and cooing at my baby- we left.
If this was not good enough, it was necessary to take KD to the doctor. She had a little bit of a fever, a little bit of a cough, but more importantly I felt like she needed to be seen.
C asked me if I was going to see if anyone would be willing to watch the other 3 kids while I took KD to the doctor for a half hour.
I asked if he wanted to watch all of them for me.
Uh, yeah, that is why I took them with me.
I like to keep the friends I do have.
Long story short- they all have strep. And at a $25 office co-pay and a $3o co-pay each for the medicine, I am pretty sure that this is the one time I would have been okay with them NOT sharing something.
Four kids; not so bad.
Four kids; sick, crabby and indecisive- I could live with out.
Mommy's gonna need a break after this. Or just an uninterrupted nap. If that even exists.
1 week ago





4 comments:
Sis,
So sorry to hear they're all sick. This is no fun... My biggest worry is when one gets sick that the other three will also get it too, even worse would be a sick parent, parenting while sick with sick kids... Yuck!
Take care...its short lived in the eternal scheme of things.
I think you deserve a VACATION! Kids are wonderful don't get me wrong. I only have one and sometimes I feel my hands are full. You are a very strong women and great mother. Always remember that. I admire the things you do. Keep up the good work.
Yeah, love the questions in the grocery store! You are not the only one in the world with a few kids!
Get better so we can all get together and play in the "warm" weather!
You need to come to a jewelry show with me. First weekend in May in Baltimore. Bring $. And no kids.
Post a Comment