Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mommies band aids

I am sure that every mommy at some point in their life gets the privilege of explaining feminine products to their child. Maybe it is a required speech to your age appropriate daughter, or in my case it could be your very active toddler boy.
I am also sure that I am not alone when I say that using the bathroom when you have little kids in the house, does not mean you will be allowed any kind of privacy.

A few months ago, I was interrupted by Nooshie while using the bathroom. He wanted to know what I was doing. I wasn't in the mood to go over the truth, and honestly I am sure that if I had explained all of it, that it would be used against me at some point. Probably in public and I envision utter embarrassment as my two year old shares with the world that mommy has a friend visiting.

So I elected to explain, that mommy had special band aids for her owies and he was okay with that.

Just this evening, Nooshie was yelling about something from upstairs. C ran up to make sure he was okay and when he got to him, he let out a "Oh my gosh!"
I did not hesitate, I too ran up the stairs to make sure everyone was okay.

Everyone was more than okay.

Nooshie was sitting in the middle of the bathroom floor, surrounded by pink wrappers and several of mommies unused band aids.

C took Nooshie downstairs and I stayed to clean it all up.
After picking up twenty or so, I noticed something on one of them.

It was a sticker.

I went back through the others and noticed they all had a sticker on them.

Nooshie was simply putting stickers on all of mommies special band aids, to help all the owies feel better.

4 comments:

rychelle said...

Nice, we got to love the thinkings of the little ones.

kickenchica said...

That is awesome! What a sweet heart to think that mommy needed the special sticker on her 'band-aids' too! What a cute story... and all I can say is.. that is what you get for trying to savor innocence :) ha ha that story makes me laugh almost as hard as the cake for breakfast!

Cindy said...

At least he was being thoughtful!!

Becky said...

Love it! I have to prep for those talks, they can be a little rough. We use real words and I am just waiting to hear from their teachers about all their knowledge!