Sunday, April 26, 2009

It must be love

There is something so serene, so beautiful about each breath a baby takes. The flutter of her eyelashes, her arm against mine, she inches up a little more so that her head rests on my pillow. I lay awake, watching, listening, enjoying the most beautiful sight. She is sleeping, it is early in the morning and all is quite. She is safe, secure and I am in love. So blessed to be a mother, how could I have possibly felt fulfilled before this?
Enjoying every moment, even when those moments just won't stop pulling on you. So blessed to be a mother. A beautiful gift of love and selflessness. It is in fact as they say, to have your heart walk about outside of your body. To watch them grow, to learn, to nurture them, to coddle and care for. The most rewarding and hardest thing I do every day. I wouldn't change a thing, even on the days I wish I could, just for a moment.


To my mama- for no special reason at all. I love you!




1 comment:

Becky said...

I love babies! Looking at my sweet M just makes me melt. I could look at her all night long! There is nothing like it!