I have decided to take photography seriously. I have always known that I was going to go back to school once KD was in school, I just wasn't 100% positive on what that direction would be. I was thinking I would go to a tech school and gain a degree to be an official techie, and I still might do that, but I was online late last night and reading on how to improve my photographs. I got a lot of useful information and while I REALLY want a new fancy schmancy camera, reality is, the one I have will do everything I want. (for now anyway)
I never did read the manual when we got the camera, it was just something to take pictures of the kids with. Now it has become a passion. So I discovered that if I figure out how to really truly use all the features this camera has, that it really does do everything I want it to.
I have friends that give me a hard time because I always have my camera. "Edward Scissor hands, except with camera" is I believe the exact name they have for me.
I'm not sure if I'm offended or not- we'll just call it a complement for now.
I am looking into taking online classes at the New York Institute of Photography. It will take me 12 to 24 months to complete their course depending on the time I am able to commit to it. I am excited at the possibility to call myself a professional photographer and pursue a potential career with it.
For now, I am just thankful for all the families that have allowed me to photograph them. I am officially going to call myself an amateur photographer that will photograph on location. I love the natural unfiltered light you can get with pictures and the true colors that can be captured. I plan on going for a drive this weekend with the family- I am looking for 4 locations to do photographs.
1. An abandoned railroad track.
2. a large field preferably with an old barn or building on it
3. a cathedral with big antique style doors and windows
4. a run down, yet tasteful old building that appears to be in a city setting.
If anybody knows where I can find any of these, please feel free to let me know.
So for now, here are some action photos I took of the boys this afternoon using a new found setting I have on my camera. Not perfect, but I am still learning. I love that they dumped the rest of the Cheetos on the trampoline, it was perfect for me to capture the in-flight picture.
I never did read the manual when we got the camera, it was just something to take pictures of the kids with. Now it has become a passion. So I discovered that if I figure out how to really truly use all the features this camera has, that it really does do everything I want it to.
I have friends that give me a hard time because I always have my camera. "Edward Scissor hands, except with camera" is I believe the exact name they have for me.
I'm not sure if I'm offended or not- we'll just call it a complement for now.
I am looking into taking online classes at the New York Institute of Photography. It will take me 12 to 24 months to complete their course depending on the time I am able to commit to it. I am excited at the possibility to call myself a professional photographer and pursue a potential career with it.
For now, I am just thankful for all the families that have allowed me to photograph them. I am officially going to call myself an amateur photographer that will photograph on location. I love the natural unfiltered light you can get with pictures and the true colors that can be captured. I plan on going for a drive this weekend with the family- I am looking for 4 locations to do photographs.
1. An abandoned railroad track.
2. a large field preferably with an old barn or building on it
3. a cathedral with big antique style doors and windows
4. a run down, yet tasteful old building that appears to be in a city setting.
If anybody knows where I can find any of these, please feel free to let me know.
So for now, here are some action photos I took of the boys this afternoon using a new found setting I have on my camera. Not perfect, but I am still learning. I love that they dumped the rest of the Cheetos on the trampoline, it was perfect for me to capture the in-flight picture.





6 comments:
I'm glad to see that Chan is feeling better, and I'm sure that whoever would call you Edward Camera Hands meant it in the best possible way. I'm also sure that whoever said it is gorgeous and smart.
Good for you for doing something you are passionate about!
You should go to the OLD SAINT ANN'S in Park view. They have a lot of cool things that I think you are looking for...but, go with us, do you can take pictures of Parker too!!
You are a great photographer! I love seeing your pictures!
We will have to drive around and find some good sites. I know of a few.
I love in a really old, really gorgeous church...
Post a Comment