Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Happy

There are times when while doing general daily tasks that it hits you. The spirit is stronger. No special reason, but you feel it. The feeling is an undeniable great feeling of sunshine and happiness. It is radiating from the inside of your soul to the outside of your body. It makes you smile. You want to shout your happiness to the world and you never want this feeling to fade.

I love this feeling. If only every day could begin and end this way. The feeling that you are surrounded by angels and all of them know you personally and love you more than you know. A heavenly hug. Something to be desired, like a child with an ice cream cone. What a wonderful world this would be. What a happier mama I would be everyday, no matter the tasks or events of the day.

The gospel means a lot to me and there are times I feel as though I am very hungry for the spirit. I consider Sunday's to be my re-fueling. When there is no church or a reason I am unable to make it, I become saddened. I yearn for this. I know that I can still pray and read my scriptures in the comfort of my own home, but there is nothing like the spirit that has just taken residence in the chapel. The feeling of a combined spiritual renewal is just like no other. It is the reason I continue to attend church even though I know the chances of actually hearing a talk or lesson from start to finish are very slim.

I know that being a mother is my most important and divine calling in this life. I know that my entire focus of raising my children needs to be grounded with the gospel and then branch out with family, values, manners and love. I hope that when the world is drowning in possessions and false dreams that I would have done my job as a mother and that my children will walk tall because they were loved with the gospel.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Being a mother is so amazing! And you are an amazing mother!