well, if you can really call the next biggest city a road trip, then we totally left town!
With 6 days off (the kids, not me) we knew that some time out of the house was deemed absolutely necessary. C worked his magic (aka people in high places) and acquired us 6 tickets to Didney on Ice, some hockey tickets to the Chops and then negotiated an upgraded 2-room hotel suite for FREE!
It was a lot of fun and the kids did a decent job of sitting in the car for the supposed to be 2 1/2 hour one way car ride. The weather did not participate on the way there. We soon realized the 30 mph winds were not only blowing snow onto the roads, but that there was ice. We witnessed at least 3 cars go in the ditch and just missed a couple of roll overs. The freeway was lined with no less than 15 cars and semi's that lost control. So we spent about an hour longer on the road than planned, but we were safe. The kids were so glad to see home again that they have spent there precious time just messing it up. Today we clean! Yah, for me!
It was a lot of fun and the kids did a decent job of sitting in the car for the supposed to be 2 1/2 hour one way car ride. The weather did not participate on the way there. We soon realized the 30 mph winds were not only blowing snow onto the roads, but that there was ice. We witnessed at least 3 cars go in the ditch and just missed a couple of roll overs. The freeway was lined with no less than 15 cars and semi's that lost control. So we spent about an hour longer on the road than planned, but we were safe. The kids were so glad to see home again that they have spent there precious time just messing it up. Today we clean! Yah, for me!






5 comments:
I have to admit, I have no idea how on earth I'd drive through that white stuff. But it sure is pretty! Looks like a great trip!
SO Jealous!!! My girls really wanted to see that!!! Someday we will do everything amazing in the world!
And Des Moines looked beautiful!!! The Capitol is so amazing!
How much fun did you have? It is always fun to get away with the fam for a mini-vaca. It does not matter how far away it is. It is even better when you get a deal. I hope you took lots of pictures and I am glad you were safe!!
I love the pictures where Chan is holding KD. I think it is so sewwt how he loves her. So sweet.
I want your husbands sweet negotiating skills, please!!! I want a 2 room upgrade for FREEEEE!!! anywhere.
yeah. anywhere.
:)
Post a Comment