Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Challenges and Changes

I'd be lying if I didn't say, I'm glad my kids went back to school today! I love their laughs and their beautiful smiles, but man oh man I can't stand the whine!

Why is it that sharing and picking things up is just so hard to do? Responsibility goes out the window and kindness is on their own terms.
Being a parent is something I have always desired but once they start to talk back, I wanna give them back.
We have special moments here with cuddles, loves and hugs - and if they didn't out weigh all the bickering, name calling and mess making - I wouldn't understand the value of raising such great kids!

I know I speak often about what a challenge Chan is, but he has the sweetest spirit too. If I could have one wish, it would be that Autism would have a cure. Answers to life's questions about how to raise a child that really is like a puzzle. I only wish I had all the pieces so I could put him back together.
I think the hardest part is the not knowing. Not knowing when he will explode into a meltdown or because you looked at him the wrong way. Not knowing if the hug you give him can be felt as a warm fuzzy or if it's just someone squeezing him a little too tight.
I have seen the light that shines in him and there are days that if I didn't know what existed inside, I would probably give up.
There are days that an hour with him is a lot! Then there are days that a whole day is not enough! Probably the biggest puzzle I will ever accomplish in this life and I intend too!

The children had the opportunity to watch the inauguration at school today. I am so glad that the school did this. Our kids have had a lot of exposure with the presidential race at home and to see that carry over is really neat. Nooshie kept walking around the house saying "look, Bawak Obama! " it is just the coolest thing to see that even our two year old is aware.

I have hope that today, as we introduce a change in the nations capitol, that a new light will shine.
We as the American people expect much. Our home welcomes Barack Obama as the President of the United States. We are excited and anxious to see the changes that we hope will take place in the next four years. It was awesome to watch the ushering in of a new President and to witness the excitement that not only exists in the nations capitol, but in many homes across America. History was made today.

I am not going to debate this with anyone as I believe that we all have the right to our own opinion. So, may God bless this nation. Bless our homes and enrich our lives as we are all invested in this historical event.

"Obama is the president. He was starting to be the President at 11:00. We got to see it on the screen. We got to see his speech and stuff! " Chan - 7yrs

" Barack Obama is the President of the United States of America. We watched it in the auditorium at school." Beans - 5yrs

And just to keep the cuteness level up, KD playing in the kids colorings and star wars toys with a sticker stuck to her face.

1 comment:

rychelle said...

Cute picture of KD. You are such a great MOM!! I get so much inspriation from you! Seriously!!