I LOVED the little tea garden Japanese style dress that RJ made, I knew I wanted one for KD too, I almost dreamt about it, but I didn't.
So, after looking at fabric for 2 hours at Jo Ann's. RJ and I came up with enough fabric for 2 different dresses, both Amy Butler patterns.
RJ is going to sew the Japanese style dress for me too. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can sew, but I am not as good as she is. I would hate to mess it up.
If you didn't already know it, I am sort of a dress dork. I can never have too many dresses for the girls and I plan weeks and even months in advance. Last month church was cancelled 3 separate times. I am now off schedule on the dress rotation because of that. KD will actually grow out of several without even getting the chance to wear them.
We made the jumper dress one size larger at a 9-12 months, so that she wouldn't outgrow it before we get the chance to wear it. Here's hoping!
I say We, like I did a whole lot. I cannot take claim. RJ ended up sewing it together and I watched. So if watching is helping, then I can claim it, otherwise I just made us sandwiches as we talked. I did however want to do something with the left over scraps of material, so I made a matching bow made out of the fabric and then put together a bib and burp rag to match also. Nothing over the top or difficult. KD will only be drooling and spitting up on these.





5 comments:
that's beautiful!
I like all the additional!! It looks great on her! YEAH!! and how did you get away without sewing...at all ;)
Ok, that is the cutest outfit.
Once I have this baby you better believe you'll get your shirts. Things are so crazy and up in the air right now with our little business, but I'll let you know once Cassie and I have a meeting and get some shirts pumped out.
Thanks for your support, you make me feel good.
BTW Cassie has never seen these shirts, they were just some shirts that I was doing, they weren't in our "plan", so I'm not sure how many we'll make. But they weren't too tough to make, so I'm sure we can make and exception for such a great customer. ;)
Love the dress. You are so funny!! Love the extras too.
Teach me! I just got my first sewing machine and so far I've mustered up the courage to get it out of the box...i'm dying to get started but have no idea whre to start.
Post a Comment