It is Exactly a year ago today, that we arrived in Chicago from Seattle. The weather was also just as cold with wind chill advisories blasting us on the tv screen. It was clear within minutes of being in the Midwest that our winter coats were no longer going to be any good here. (Don't get me wrong, the Midwest is a better place to live since we are here :)
The sun is shining and very enticing for the kids today. I was forced to explain what frost bite is. I may have been a bit extreme with the black fingers and then they all fall off part, but they are no longer asking every ten minutes to go outside.
School has been canceled for the second day in a row and then is followed by an already planned 4 day weekend. We had ideas of driving to Des Moines this weekend and catching a hockey game, but have changed our plans just a tad. We are still leaving town, but more like Burlington or Moline (just across the river). We will stay in a hotel, as if we are farther away from home and have gotten tickets to Disney on Ice for the kids. Please send warmer weather our way!
With love from the land of cold! It could be worse, it could look like this:





4 comments:
I can't even imagine how cold that must be! It's supposed to get down to 29 tonight for us, and that's COLD down here in south Texas!
I wanted to tell you that I'm adding you and your family to my blog list. I'm not stalking you, honest! I just think it's really cool that there are other Howertons out there...we haven't met too many!
Hey Sis,
Where did you get a picture of my car buried in the ice storm a few weeks back? You know the one that meant I stayed in a hotel 10 miles from my home and a mile from work, three days before Christmas because the Port decided the employee lot wasn't important enough to plow? LOL
Stay Warm so you don't lose random frostbitten body parts.
Lis
A loved this picture!!
I wanted to see Disney on Ice, too. But, thought Parker was still a little too young. I am also praying for warmer weather...at least warm enough where I feel comfortable taking the boy out. This picture looks awesome!
Post a Comment