This once non-existent staple in my house has now made its ranks back into being in the top 3, along with diapers and toilet paper.
We go through a minimum of 3 loaves a week! It used to sit in the bread basket for an entire month and one loaf would go moldy before it was used up.
At what point did we pass the point of no return?
It all started with the baby and her incessant need to eat. Toast was easy, and perfect for her little mashers to chew. It was like waking a giant. The kids all re-discovered toast like it's supposed to be something they only heard about in a fairy tale. I once heard it existed, but I had never seen it before.
Come on people - its toast! Toast!
Then there is the need to butter the toast. Just start calling us the Butterton's instead of the Howerton's. I should just buy a cow and churn my own butter at the rate we are going through it. The kids must think that there has to be more butter than toast because I can rarely see the bread hiding under the butter when they are done. Can anyone say clogged arteries?
Now, our favorite two year old sits at the kitchen table and attempts to make his own PB &J sandwiches. I have attempted to help rescue the bread from what can only be considered bread abuse, but he is insistent. So the bread continues to be wiped into oblivion in his attempt to spread the peanut butter. And you might as well forget about ever wanting to eat a peanut butter sandwich in my house. The knife used to spread the delectable afternoon snack has been licked no less than 100 times, while the attempts of spreading on the bread were made. I am sure that there is more saliva in the peanut butter than there is peanut OR butter.
Now that you are all hungry and really wanting to come to my house and eat a sandwich, I will conclude this wonderful story of my life as a stay at home mom with another cute picture.
Enjoy!





7 comments:
Hahaha... how funny! Thanks for the food lastnight. Bug loved it. I have to get that flavor while I'm at the store today. Wanna take KD swimming with us sometime? Let me know.
That is so funny because my girls are the same way with toast- Ashton had 5 slices yesterday morning! This morning I honestly had to say- only 2 each! I can't keep up with the demand!
We go through a roller coaster demand for bread here. Its good we have a big freezer to store the extra until the kids are ready to help consume it.
You did check the peanut butter against the recall right!?
Thanks for the cute pic. :-)
HAHA! You are hilarious. Love the picture too!
This one made me laugh!
"I once heard of toast..."
Oh bread! My true addiction! Especially toast! My current version of that addiction is english muffins! Especially these awesome wheat ones that I found! Anytime of day or night I will eat them!!!
Don't let them know about cinnamon sugar for the toast!!! You'll be stuck and need to move to Hawaii and buy a sugar came farm, or at least buy stock in C&H.
Post a Comment