A couple of weeks ago we were given an assignment for Beans to memorize a line for the Primary Program. We rehearsed and rehearsed and even made it into a song so that she would remember. I was a little afraid that she might get to the microphone and start singing her line in a tune that I made up and CLEARLY was something that should not be displayed to our entire ward.
She woke up today and the first thing out of her mouth was her line. She said it a half a dozen times in the car on the way to church. She was going to Rock the pulpit. She had even practiced it at home as if she was sitting down and had to walk up to the pulpit. She set her piece of paper ( a picture of the scriptures and two beings resembling stick figures of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ) on the foot stool like it was the pulpit. She was ready!
We got the sacrament program and she was named to do her part just after the first song. She was excited and couldn't wait. It came time for the primary children to go sit up in the front and she hesitated. Oh no, she was starting to get the jitters. I urged her a little with a confident "you can do this" and up she went. We of course smiled and waived to her to let her know we were watching.
It was her turn to go say her line and you could tell she was nervous. she wouldn't look at the congregation. She focused on the sister that was standing by to help each child that needed assistance. Beans froze and let her lines be fed to her. She did say them herself in segments with the assistance! She did a great job and the program, in my opinion went well. It was orchestrated well and finished in a timely manner. It was cute to see every child have a part.
We got the sacrament program and she was named to do her part just after the first song. She was excited and couldn't wait. It came time for the primary children to go sit up in the front and she hesitated. Oh no, she was starting to get the jitters. I urged her a little with a confident "you can do this" and up she went. We of course smiled and waived to her to let her know we were watching.
It was her turn to go say her line and you could tell she was nervous. she wouldn't look at the congregation. She focused on the sister that was standing by to help each child that needed assistance. Beans froze and let her lines be fed to her. She did say them herself in segments with the assistance! She did a great job and the program, in my opinion went well. It was orchestrated well and finished in a timely manner. It was cute to see every child have a part.
We have learned in years past that Chan can not handle the commotion of the program and we were supported when we made the decision to not let him sit up on the stand. The first song that was sung by the children was "I am a Child of God" and C nudged me during the song to look over at Chan who was now standing up at the end of our row. He was singing the song. It melted our hearts. We knew he loved to sing and were so grateful to see that even he could feel the spirit.
We ended up leaving right after sacrament as I sit here and nurse a medicinal (yucky) tea that my wonderful husband made me. It was all I could do to go to church today and honestly if it wasn't for the program today, we sickerson's would have stayed home and kept our coughs and hacking to ourselves.
Thanks, Sis. Ford and the primary presidency and the teachers for all of your hard work!
We ended up leaving right after sacrament as I sit here and nurse a medicinal (yucky) tea that my wonderful husband made me. It was all I could do to go to church today and honestly if it wasn't for the program today, we sickerson's would have stayed home and kept our coughs and hacking to ourselves.
Thanks, Sis. Ford and the primary presidency and the teachers for all of your hard work!





2 comments:
just wanted to say that this blogsite is amazing.. tons of good ideas~ a nosey oregonian
Oh, I had a feeling that she knew her part! But when they freeze, it's better to give them the line than to let them stand there feeling stupid. I guess. But I'm glad to see it here on your blog. I'm also glad Chan was singing. I would have loved to see him. I realized after the program had started that you might not have been able to see Beans over me. I tried to lean to the side or slouch down. Hopefully you saw her enough. She did a great job!!
PS. I need to talk to you about Chan. We got a new teacher to be with his teacher now.
Post a Comment