Friday, November 14, 2008

K.D.'s L.T.

We had our one month check up on K.D.'s Left Torticollis yesterday. Our physical therapist was VERY pleased with the results and has us continuing the exercises, but only a phone call check in next month is required.
K.D. has no signs of having LT at all and is right on track developmentally.

While we were there for the re-eval on the condition, she mentioned to me that there was another little girl at the same age that she saw the day prior to our last visit. She would rate her condition to be equal with K.D.'s and thought that it should be easily fixed with the exercises also.

Upon the re-eval with this other baby earlier yesterday, she reported that the babies condition had worsened and that they now had to take more measures to correct it. She told me that she knew I stayed home with the kids because K.D. had improved and noted that this other child was in child care all day. I understand that this is no fault of the parents. you do what you have to do and with something like this just doing exercises once in the evening (if remembered) may not do the trick.
I am so blessed to be able to stay home with our children all day and it's the little things like this reminder that K.D. is better because of it.

I did find out that if I discontinued the exercises because she is improved, that there is a chance that K.D. could have this relapse and or start up on the other side.
I have made the exercises a game with her, which she loves! She only dislikes one of the stretches so this should all still be great - but so glad, for good news.

K.D. Loves to play with my water bottles and is always reaching for whatever I am drinking. Last night as I was making cookies with Chan and Beans, she wanted my water bottle, so I put her in her little chair and let her play with it. I had noticed she had stopped making noises so I went to check on her and found her like this. Asleep with the water bottle.

1 comment:

Wise Family said...

That is great news about K.D. It definitely is a blessing to get to stay at home with the kids.