I stumbled across an amazing blog last summer and fell in love. I feel as though I knew this most amazing mother and wife and yet I have never personally met her. The love letters between her and her Mr. Nielsen were like reading a sappy love story. She is the kind of person you envy and strive to be like. She's creative, inventive, loving, fun, and oh so talented. Her heart is so soft and kind and she always sees life and it's trials as glass half full.
Then last August, her and her beloved husband were in a plane crash. Their friend and pilot did not survive. Mr. Nielsen suffered burns on 30% of his body and she suffered burns on 80%. They were rushed to a hospital in Arizona and were not given great odds. They were kept in medical induced coma's for about 3 months. All the while, their families stepped in and took care of their children. They visited them often and prayed fervently. The community wrapped their arms around them and rallied for their support and recovery.
Mrs. Nielsen became even more beautiful as her life was made oh so public. She won awards for the way she decorated her house, her blog was upped 100% to be more public. Her readership grew and grew. Her sister's took over the postings on her NOW very popular blog as they re-posted some very lovely posts. The world was wrapped in this ever growing love story and I couldn't help but ache as this beautiful, talented mother and wife laid clinging to life. Many fundraisers were set up for the family and a separate blog that kept us updated on the recovery.
This last holiday season, this 20 something, mother of four was taken out of her medical induced coma and then later transferred to a hospital closer to home. Mr. Nielsen also survived and was now in physical therapy. Mr. Nielsen never wavered, he stood by his wife every chance he got. Stefanie was soon back at home with her family her children and parents included. She attends PT often and still has surgeries to help with her recovering body. She has been blogging again for the past few months and every word is like eating a delicious piece of chocolate cake. It flows, it's funny, and you can read the beauty she still feels in life. Her looks may have changed since the crash, but her heart and talents have grown even more.
I enjoy this read. It is my favorite love story. I yearn for her updates and all that she shares. She still looks at life, although having changed a hundred fold, as the greatest thing in the world.
If only the world could be half as amazing as she is. She has helped me realize the blessings I have even when I take them for granted.
If you are looking for yet another blog to read and stay up until all hours of the night, then check it out when you can, you too may fall in love with Mrs. Nielsen. NieNie
1 week ago





2 comments:
You know, I have seen links to this blog before but have never checked it out but your post intrigued me so much, I clicked on your link. You are right, she is a great writer and so much fun to read! I think I will have to add her to my blog list too! Thanks for the tip!
I remember hearing this story and visiting her blog soon after it happened! It is so awesome to see is again!
Thanks for sharing the beauty today!
Post a Comment