Friday, May 29, 2009

Botanical Field Trip

It is that time of year, when each of the kids have a lot of fun things with school.
Today, Beans had her kindergarten program for all the parents and Chan had a field trip to the Botanical Center just across the river.
The school was very accommodating and wanted the parents to be involved, so they scheduled both of these events at the same time!
C and I decided that we would divide and conquer so he stayed with Beans and watched her program and I went with 2 classes of first graders to the see all the plants.
Next week Chan has his first grade program on the same day that Beans has her field trip- I am still trying to figure out the details on that one!

It was a beautiful, hot day today and perfect for going outside. Except that we were inside green houses and the humidity was worse inside than it was out.

KD came with me to see the plants and she did very well. I dressed her in a tropical themed dress and she matched the scenery perfectly. She sat in her stroller for almost 2 hours while I chaperoned. I think she was getting so many kids picking at her that it must have been entertaining.

Beans reviewed the pictures with me from today and she asked me if we went to the jungle today. HaHa, I love kids!

What was I thinking?


I asked Chan if I could take his picture and he chose this cactus plant to stand in front of for a pose.


The 3 musketeer's (as their teacher calls them) with their newly planted starters.

Art project

KD at the playground after the botanical center.

2 comments:

rychelle said...

fun!

Becky said...

We haven't been over there! We need to, it looks like!!!