Saturday, May 9, 2009

Better than Chocolate

Without fail, whenever I am feeling sorry for myself, there are two things that ALWAYS cheer me up. Maybe not better than chocolate, but it's close.

1. Music- love lyrics that inspire and remind you that there is light at the end of the tunnel

and

2. Taking pictures of four very beautiful kids :)

Always brings a smile to my face and changes my mood.

Today, I took the kids to a local, almost abandoned monument park just so I could take pictures. They had a blast climbing and running around and I had a lot of fun taking pictures of it.



They were playing hide and go seek and since I was taking pictures of Beans and Nooshie hiding, I may have made them found sooner than later- oops :)















The Climb, Miley Cyrus ( I have this loaded in at number one on the playlist)

I can almost see it.
That dream I'm dreaming.
but there's a voice inside of my head
saying you'll never reach it.
Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels lost with no direction.
My faith is shaken.
But I, I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high.

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing.
The changes I'm taking.
Sometimes might knock me down, but
No I'm not breaking.
I may not know it,
but these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most
I've just gotta keep going, and
I gotta be strong
Just keep pushing on

Keep on moving
Keep climbing
Keep the faith baby
It's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith


3 comments:

Cindy said...

This song is my new favorite!! I heard her sing it on American Idol. It inspires me to keep going when life gets crazy and trials come along.

You are awesome and I admire you so much as a mom!! Thanks for all of the advice you have given me!!

Keep moving, keep climbing and keep your faith!!

Love ya!!

Barnes Blog said...

I love you Melinda, and I want you to know that there is a BIG difference between "pitty party" and a friend who truly cares and loves you. I want you to know that I do love you, I am here for you, although I am sure you are probably much stronger than I, and you would probably end up helping me without knowing, but I want you to know I am always here. I love you and I love your babies. I love the pics of Spencer hiding, he looks like he's got that light still, I know it's in there we just need to bring it out. I say we because I mean WE, let me help when it's needed. I am a great babysitter, ask Tori...I'm kidding, but I am great. :)
Love you! It was so good to see you today. Happy Mother's Day.

Becky said...

Happy Mother's Day lady! You are in our thoughts and prayers! Did you get my hubby's note on your hubby's post! It really meant a lot to him to read.
You are amazing and your love is amazing! That is what powers us through the hard times.