Thursday, March 26, 2009

True Story

Every morning, C stops at the mini mart to pick up a muffin and a juice.
This morning was not different.
As he was standing there, he noticed a woman with all of her kids. They were going to the Y this morning and were getting donuts to eat on the way there.

One of the kids was perusing the candy isle and wanted some gobstoppers. His mom instantly said no, we don't eat candy for breakfast. The kid then replied, this is different than any other morning, why?
Mom's face was mortified. Couldn't believe someone else heard this.
C, being the very nice guy that he is says, It's okay, I have five kids and they had cake for breakfast.

Ouch, I've been outed!


In my defense, cake at least has eggs, flour and milk.
The same ingredients in pancakes.
Frosting is no less sugary than the syrup we pour all over them.
So cake for breakfast it was.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Don't you love it when kids open their mouths! So funny!

Cindy said...

Parker had oreos for breakfast...after his pancakes!!

The Eagars said...

This is a great story. Little K has never had cake for breakfast but that is because I bet her to it. I LOVE cake for breakfast! nothing better!

rychelle said...

I believe the only difference is the sugar content in the "bread" portion!