I don't know what it is - but I have not been able to pull our heads out of this cloud of sickness.
I am
Poor Nooshie whined from the moment he woke, slept for 2 hours in the morning and then whined again for the rest of the day. Do you have any idea what 8 hours of whining sounds like?
I'll tell you.
It's a lot of me saying "Nooshie, it's okay. Mommy will get you a tissue. Mommy will wipe your nose. Mommy will get your blankets. and your doggie pillow. Mommy will get another tissue. Mommy will get you something to drink. I already did that. I already laid your blanket down over there. I already got you something to drink. Okay, Noosh, just get away. Stop that. I just wiped your nose, there are no more boogies. Seriously, there are no more boogies. Fine, just do it yourself. Go back to bed, please." and more not so nice mommy like things to say to your sick two year old.
We all have a cough or runny nose of some sort and I really could use a break. KD is at the "I'm 9 months old and need to have my mommy at my side or in my site at all times" NO Exceptions, stage.
Then I had to check the ears of the two older kids to make sure they didn't have wax build up or ear plugs cause they are simply just not listening to me. I think they call it "ignoring someone" I could be wrong though.
For what ever reason when C and I decided to have kids, I don't think that either of us pictured it like this. Less time with each other, more time cleaning up after others and taking care of others needs, less sleep, more bills, I could go on and on. But somehow, even when they are sick I still crave their cute little smiles and tight, tight hugs. The laughter that fills the halls and the running - well, wait. Not the running part.
Anyone willing to sign a petition on our behalf demanding that sickness go away? you don't even have to be a registered voter for this. You just have to care.
Here's hoping a new week will bring a little relief our way.





2 comments:
I'm sorry! Being sick is rough! And when more than one person makes it really rough. And then if the mom is one of those, then there isn't much hope!
Hang in there! Is there anything I can do to help?
PS It was fun to hang out on Friday night! I would love to do it again sometime!
I'm with you. It is so sad for me when my kids are sick, but I HATE when I am sick. It's hard to recover when you don't sleep...Call me if you need to vent!
Post a Comment