Sunday, March 15, 2009

Seeing Green

Saturday was our local St. Patty's day parade. C was walking in it with the baseball team, so the rest of us went to show our support. I didn't get any pictures of him cause I was too busy trying to get his attention.
We arranged to go with some friends ahead of time and ended up running into half our ward there. It was a nice day, but we kept to the cold side of the street in the shade because it wasn't as crowded as the warm side.

The Cutest part of the Day:








Now, for the weird stuff. Green dogs, funky hair, big sunglasses but overall a lot of fun!

I found that it is not necessarily the picture I took that was funny, but the people in the background and their expressions to what they were looking at was the best!

The crowd kept moving into the street and the parade only had about 2 car widths to squeeze through - it was nuts!

The hair. Something worth noting, but the expression of the lady in the black is the best :)

This is just for my friend ucmama. This little midget Mexican leprechaun was her favorite. She wanted to take him home, I am almost sure of it :)

The statue is peeing green. which was funny to watch the kids expressions, just like the kid in this picture, but even the dad with the sunglasses enjoyed it- totally made me laugh!

Beans didn't get why her glasses had to be so big. Probably to make her smile look small. What? I'm just sayin..

No words needed.

Happy St. Patricks Day!

7 comments:

ucmama said...

That was so much fun! We should TOTALLY go to St. Patrick's Day parade every weekend!

Seriously though, I really did have a blast and I can't believe the kids got along so well all day long. And thanks for the Mexi-chaun :)

rychelle said...

Who really paints thier dog green?? Is it going to come out??

Cindy said...

I am bummed that we missed you!!
Glad you had fun!

I actually thought the green dog was cute!! If I had a dog like that I would color it around the holidays...well, maybe not. I still thought it was cute!!

kickenchica said...

okay I need to defend the "midget" mexican for a minute, while yes totally fun and I could see someone wanting to take him home... Mexicans by natural culture are short, however I am not sure that "little People" would even classify him as a midget...he is just mexican...thats like half the definition of the nationality. But if adding the word midget in... made C smile and everyone else understand who you were talking about (besides the fact that there was a hispanic male dressed like an irish leprechaun and that in itself would strike me as an oxymoron of sorts)
Cute pictures though and I think I would take the green peeing fountain and the green todo home with me ;)

Becky said...

OK halarious! Please call me next time! I love St. Patrick's Day! My mom was born on the 19th of March and her name was Patricia (Patty) McArthur! Gotta love it!

ucmama said...

That was the whole point. We weren't making fun of him. We watched an entire parade of people, attended by half the town, who most likely did not have Irish ancestry. It was VERY ironic to have a small guy (small even for being Mexican) who was SO dark, dressed like a leprechaun. I can't imagine that he went out dressed like that, in a parade no less, and that he didn't expect people to smile and think it was funny.

No worries :)

thehalvs said...

There are some beautiful photos of your kids on this post. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.