Wednesday, March 25, 2009

ramblings

Pretend play, ahhhh, the joy I have of listening to the minds of my sweet kids playing nicely together.
Today Chan is pretending his name is Michael um, how about Michael Retark. I can't make this stuff up, so hilarious, but the best part is when Beans is cheering for Michael Retark and is exclaiming "Go Michael Retarrrrrrrrrrrrrk, Retarrrrrrrrrk!"
I grabbed the camera, but they stopped playing. Like I had just taken away their cookies or something. Within exactly one minute, they stopped playing Michael Retark and were up stairs playing something less funny. Oh well, at least they are getting a long longer than 2 minutes without tattling.
Tattling by the way is my least favorite thing EVER!! I do not like it and yet I think it is a part of Beans anatomy, it is something she just cannot live with out. We have told her more than a dozen times that no one likes a tattle tale, and apparently her teacher takes away a sticker or something if she tattles. Oh that must be fun to be a kindergarten teacher and have to deal with 18 tattlers. Teacher's do not get paid enough. Seriously.

I have been going back and forth with nursing KD. I want to nurse cause it's better for her, but she has teeth. And she uses them.
So lately when she bites me, I just flick her in the nose. she releases her grip of death on well, my treasured pieces and nursing is done. Just this morning as I went to go nurse her, she went to latch on and in stead grabbed me with her teeth and pulled like a teething toy. I flicked in her in the nose and told her no biting. She smiled and then starting clicking her teeth together as if to show me, watch out lady, I know how to use these. Nursing was finished before we even started. Maybe we'll start skipping everything except for bed time feedings. She is usually very nice then.

Noosh has been showing his true colors as a two year old. The official Terrible part has hit and he's just down right mean. He has no ability to control who his victims are, they start out small, usually with KD and then he works his way up the ladder with pulling Beans hair for no reason, hitting Chan in the back and slapping me in the face. I try to remember that you do not teach a child to not hit by hitting, but it's slowly catching on, my impulse takes over and he has been swat on the butt a few times. I keep telling him he is being naughty, but he confuses that with the little pre-school cartoon Noddy. Why would they name a cartoon Noddy?- I may just ban it from my house for a while.
He still has his cute moments, like when he wants a snack and asks for Yogo's. He pronounces it Hogo's. I love it! His smile is still infectious and he actually stays in time out when you put him there. I am not sure if this totally outweighs the mean streak has been sporting, but it is a fine line.

KD is crawling all over the place. She has been attempting the stairs lately. I'm not ready for her to be climbing the stairs yet, there are so many reasons why I do not want her to do this. She has become very wiggly with diaper changes and wriggles and crawls away before I can get a new one on her. She made it to the stairs today, and I let her so I could dispose of the soiled one. It was so cute, her naked little butt crawling up the stairs. I swear the stairs are like a magnet for her. Ugh- now I have to get a baby gate. A good one.

At dinner time, I have just been letting her feed herself. She creates quite the mess and is in need of a wash down every time. I have learned to not give her a full bath every time, I just make a little bath for her in the kitchen sink and wash her down. She LOVES it and honestly, I do too.

C is feeling a little better today, back at work like a true man. Why would he listen to his doctor or his wife, what do we know anyway?

Only 4 1/2 more days until we gain our routine back.
No, I am not counting.
Well, maybe a little.
I love my kids - I do, and I want to be the mom that always wants her kids with her, but there is just something genetic about me that desires alone time, I can't fix it and I am in serious deprivation mode right now. I got a whole 2 minutes to myself last night with no interruptions, I am taking the long drawn out way home from the grocery store just so I can enjoy a minute longer of peace and quite. Have I said too much? Or am I just sounding like a broken record? I'm not really a selfish person, just an overworked person that has needs. Needs to be alone. :)

4 comments:

jm said...

Your kids crack me up!!! You are a very over worked mommy. i think you should hire a maid or nanny. Something. I'm available lol

ucmama said...

This post is so long, and so full of great things that I'll just leave this :D.

Michael Retark.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAH! HAHHAHAHA, hahahahha, hahahha, haha, hmmm....

Cindy said...

I love this post! I love kid's imagination. I worked at a daycare for 10 years, so I have heard lots of funny things during pretend play. And the camera thing...Parker is the same way. He will be dancing or singing and I grab the camera and suddenly he does not want to be cute anymore.

Noosh....well, he is adorable!! I am going through a similar situation with Parker. He has started hitting us in the face too and our first reaction is to swap the butt. I have really tried talking to him, but when he just sits their and laughs in your face, maybe a little swat won't hurt. I don't know! I am ready for the "hitting" phase to be over with, already!

Hey, maybe it's a BOY thing!

rychelle said...

Love the picture od KD in the bath sink. So adorable.