As a cancer survivor C has joined the Board of Directors for the local American Cancer Society here in our part of the Cities. It is pretty cool to see his name in the list of Directors in their handout. It is sort of bittersweet and really what a great honor.
This year at the ballpark, C has been working on many promotions. One in particular, has us extremely excited for Autism Awareness. The ball players will wear specially designed jerseys and then auction them off after the game and the proceeds will go to the local Autism center here in the cities. Yay for Awareness!
Chan has finally been referred for Occupational Therapy for his scensory issues and he will also begin seeing someone for his anger management. He has been doing amazing in school lately and we talked about the seasonal affect on his moods with his psychologist. We both agree that we are not interested in any medications that will chemically assist his body with these struggles at least until he is a little older.
I have decided to start a campaign. " A new Camera for Me" is what I'll call it. It is not that the one I have doesn't work, it is that, the one I want does more- it has more stuff and options and of course- yep, costs more.
I don't have a spare $900 lying around for a camera, a couple of lenses and a couple of tri-pods, (and that's on ebay) so if you do, you can totally send it my way, no questions asked :) or feel free to surprise me, Nikon D90. * wink, wink *
Okay, seriously though- I am willing to hear any ideas on how I can earn the money to get one. I am also looking into taking a couple of photography classes specifically for digital cameras so I can learn to take better pictures and be able to charge people for them. I have been practicing with different lighting, angles and objects, but I think kids are my favorite thing to photograph, especially in natural settings.
Here are some photo's of some very awesome and willing people that I have recently taken. Hoping to find more guinea pigs for my new little hobby / obsession..... any takers?





1 comment:
These pictures are ADORABLE!!!!!!! Okay we HAVE to get together for a photo shoot SOON!!! Love ya work girl!
Post a Comment