
The Tootsie Pop Obsession is beginning to just make me laugh everyday - maybe its cause it is turning my husbands brain to sugar - or what ever the reason...
Just today he made his daily pit stop at the local mini mart and checked to see if they have replenished their stock of BLUE tootsie pops! Yeah - they had! He went digging through the box like a child looking for the Golden Ticket. One after another he piled the Blue Tootsie Pops in his hands. The most he has ever gotten from one visit is 8 or 9. The cashiers always look at him weird, but he doesn't care. Well Today he hit the jackpot. 22 BLUE Tootsie Pops in ONE visit! This time the Cashier just said "uh hmm" He then replied with all sincerity " I have a sick son at home"
The cashier then replied with a sympathetic "Ohhhh" C stated that " He likes the Blue ones"
All the while the cashier rang up ALL 22 Blue Tootsie Pops leaving all the orange, red and brown for the rest of the population to pick from. He could hardly contain himself as he called me to share in his Excitement! Can you Believe it! 22 in one Box! His reasoning was that while he did not entirely fib to the cashier, you see cause Chan is home sick today and in fact Chan does like the Blues ones also. The part he left out was that these are all just for him. I told him that he lied and he responded with " no I didn't I was just merely making conversation."
Ok -Mr. Blue Smooth - I think its time we contact Tootsie Pop and see if we can order our own box of just blues - there's gotta be a way. Who knows if you keep this up they may run a story on the 5 o'clock news about a man in his 30's running a muck at all the local Mini Marts buying all the blue ones and leaving none for anyone else.
How Many Licks to get to the Center of a Tootsie Pop?





8 comments:
I love the blue ones too! I always sneak through the kids halloween candy and take them all after they go to bed.
I never thought about convenience stores as a source of blue tootsie pops. Hmmmm . . .
Don't worry - they are all out - I assure you of that!
That is hilarious! There really is a thing you can put the stick of your tootsie pop into and supposedly it counts how many licks it takes.. the counter looks like a little owl. I bought them at target for the boys for Easter or something like that...maybe we will send one your way. I dont know how ligit it is as the boys never make it to the center with licks... too irresistable.
And I must add that a Blue Tootsie Pop addiction isn't bad, just make him brush his teeth more!
Ok, I have to argue with you on one point. I have always called them the purple ones. I may be color blind. What is funny is that I have someone that I work with that loves Tootsi Pops, but she gives me all the "purple" ones. She knows they are my favorite. :)I agree with Cory, he wasn't lying, everything he said was true....right?
oh yeah, that's funny.
And he's good. He didn't lie. :)
I love it when the relative truth works out like that for me.
There you have it - Joe and NOBODY agree with Cory.
Oh and Joe, The color is debatable.
The flavor is grape, Joe is right, it's purple. That's right, I bought 22 purple lolly pops. It's also true that Chandler was home sick. I was only making conversation with the nice lady at the counter - not telling a lie.
Let's review:
1) Chandler was home sick;
2) I told her that Chandler was home sick;
3) Chandler Likes purple (blue) suckers.
4) I told her that Chandler likes those suckers.
I have done nothing wrong here. It's not like it's crack or another dangerous drug. It's suckers - delicious, amazing grape flavored suckers.
Love it!! I get like that with certain candy. I will only eat the red skittles and always look for the red tootsie pops...I like the blue ones but, the red are my favortie. My husabnd thinks I am crazy!
Oh, and I didn't read about any lies, it was all truth....
Post a Comment