3 Cakes, 8 Pizza's, 50 balloons, 25 kids and Rascal.
We celebrated the kids birthday's together this year at the ballpark. We had originally planned on having it outside, but the weather changed its mind and decided to not to cooperate - so we took it inside and held it on the Suite level.
I have to admit that even I was a little skeptical that we would be able to pull this off - but with the great thinking of Cory, we had a blast!
For the invitation we handed out game tickets with the simplest of information. We handed out the invites to everybody in Primary (about 50 kids) and honestly thank goodness only half showed.
We brought up some Ice cream and scooped them into little Baseball Helmet bowls for everyone. We played a couple games - but the kids were more interested in running around, so we changed pace and began making necklaces and cards. We had a sister from our ward come and paint faces and Cory had an employee dress up in the Racoon suit and visit with the kids for 15 minutes. (probably the longest 15 minutes of his life) The kids pushed, punched, and pulled his tail and he still gave them high fives and thumbs up. We finished this all off with breaking open a Pinata and surprisingly our sanity still intact.
The kids had a great time and it was great to see so many kids come and have fun with us.
Anyway - here's the pics.
Special shout out to the mom's at the end - its only cause I love ya. :)
Oh and to Sis. Ford -because you were so thoughtful and generous in getting the wonderful toy that makes noise, I will most certainly repay the favor. I could simply not let something so kind go unnoticed. So please let us know when we can do the same for you, I insist. Your welcome :)
1 week ago







1 comment:
Sis,
I love the pictures and it looks like it was a blast. I remember when I could combine birthdays! Take advantage of it while you can.
The bennies help too!
Post a Comment