Ok, so I've gotten into this thing lately about reading other peoples blogs even if I don't know them. it is so nice to read that other people are "normal" and then of course the sheer humor that most have is just stretching my stomach muscles. But above all - I can usually relate.
Sometimes I feel as though I am in my own little world and that others don't share my same parenting dilemma's or bad hair days - turns out they all do.
But I've been thinking (I tend to do this a lot more (The thinking part) now that my days are a little less hectic between 9am and 3pm. )
I think that my new found like in blogging and reading others is that this is somehow my sad attempt to feel like I actually have friends here in Iowa. Reality is that I know that my family loves me and that they read our blog often, but no one hardly comments. Am I really that lame? Just cause you read what I post and you feel satisfied knowing that all is great and dandy here - what about me? I cling to the idea that someone might reach out and express something to me. VERY Sad - I know. Probably more sad that I actually said it out loud.
So for Pete's Sake (not that I know a Pete or anything, just something Mom used to say - yes, I'm turning into my mother, turns out it is not such a bad thing.) Write me an email, comment on something I post once in a while and show me the love.
Remember, my days are now filled with conversation with an almost 2 year old and a 3 month old - they basically consist of competitions of saying " I Love you more, I love you mostest" Back and forth - so Please - save me from toddler speak once in a while!
Signed -
Lonely in Iowa
P.S. it wouldn't hurt if you updated your blogs a little more often either - Now, I'm not going to name any names, but you know who you are. I check often - so get with the program (said with love :)
1 week ago





4 comments:
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that finds comfort in reading about other people's day to day problems!
Guilty. Truth be told I dont have as much going on as you (hence my few and far in between blogs)... I dont get a kid that says "grandma farted" and if he did it doesn't carry the same 2 year old cuteness. I read your blog every day and think it would be silly (obsessive really) if I commented every time I wanted to( I mean I am auntie and all but I dont want to be the one the kids dread because she slobbers them with kisses and such) so there is all of my excuses. And a little secret, not that things are bad here, but just like when you were in Minnesota, I really am jealous and even ponder on some days of moving to Iowa, I know it is absolutely silly but if it makes you feel better, you make Iowa look so cool.
Isn't school so great for us stay at homers?! I know what you mean by "less hectic". Which is putting it lightly!
I too love to "lurk" (checking out blogs without commenting) But I do love the comments as well!
Hey-Its Cindy P from the ward....
I feel the same way you do. ALL of my family and friends read my blog but, it seems like the same 4 or 5 people that comment. I like reading other peoples blogs and they have like 30 comments for one post...I wish that were me. Now, I have a new blog buddy!
Post a Comment