


As you go through life you realize how blessed you are with so many constants that serve us daily, we often take them for granted and eventually just expect to have them.
This is something I've been contemplating for awhile and as I look at my 2 beautiful daughters and the natural Love they share - I realize what a beautiful blessing a sister is.
I know I am blessed to have 2 sisters of my own and how wonderful they are in their own way.
My older sister is very motherly and nurturing in the way that she is always looking out for our spiritual salvation and ALWAYS willing to make sacrifices to help Anyone at the drop of a hat, no matter the cost. Growing up we weren't always close, we wore her clothes, borrowed her stuff and generally just annoyed her. I know that I took her for granted and all the wonderful things she really meant to me. I wouldn't change anything today. She is a great source of knowledge in almost any category and can always lift me up when I am feeling down. I am so thankful for her - what a wonderful blessing she is!
I also have my twin sister. We always shared the same room, each others clothes, and some of the same interests and yet somehow the sister that I should most logically be closest to - I am not. We are Fire and Ice, On again off again with our relationship and so very different from each other. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it has caused some tension and breakdown in communication over the years. I am beginning to finally figure it out. It wasn't her - it was me. I have always felt like the underdog around her. Always being compared to her, never really having our own friends (we shared them), always sharing our identity - and yet she was prettier, cooler, and by all means the better dresser. I have learned a lot from her, but I was and probably still am her biggest critic. Why is that? I've been thinking about this for some time. It comes down to how I really do Love her, I want her to always do well, succeed at everything and be better than me, not necessarily for her, but for me. I need that example from the person who I will forever be more closely connected to than any other person on this earth.
I desire so much for a relationship with her and yet every time we seem to get a long I eventually mess that up. I mis-understand her, I criticize her, and I envy her all at the same time, I can't seem to gain a happy medium.
I feel as though I have succeeded with one and completely failed the other. I desire something better, I know that it will take time, but at the same time - I miss her. I want to share my life with her and I have made this even more difficult being 2000 miles away, again. I'm sorry I continue to let you down, you have always been one of my best friends and I hope you realize what a blessing you are to me - a great sister, no matter how different or a far apart we are.
I now hope that I can raise my girls to also endure the blessings of being a sister, for this is a wonderful gift that not everyone gets to enjoy.
As Wilford Woodruff once said, he would not take gold for any of his blessings.
Neither would I.
This is something I've been contemplating for awhile and as I look at my 2 beautiful daughters and the natural Love they share - I realize what a beautiful blessing a sister is.
I know I am blessed to have 2 sisters of my own and how wonderful they are in their own way.
My older sister is very motherly and nurturing in the way that she is always looking out for our spiritual salvation and ALWAYS willing to make sacrifices to help Anyone at the drop of a hat, no matter the cost. Growing up we weren't always close, we wore her clothes, borrowed her stuff and generally just annoyed her. I know that I took her for granted and all the wonderful things she really meant to me. I wouldn't change anything today. She is a great source of knowledge in almost any category and can always lift me up when I am feeling down. I am so thankful for her - what a wonderful blessing she is!
I also have my twin sister. We always shared the same room, each others clothes, and some of the same interests and yet somehow the sister that I should most logically be closest to - I am not. We are Fire and Ice, On again off again with our relationship and so very different from each other. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it has caused some tension and breakdown in communication over the years. I am beginning to finally figure it out. It wasn't her - it was me. I have always felt like the underdog around her. Always being compared to her, never really having our own friends (we shared them), always sharing our identity - and yet she was prettier, cooler, and by all means the better dresser. I have learned a lot from her, but I was and probably still am her biggest critic. Why is that? I've been thinking about this for some time. It comes down to how I really do Love her, I want her to always do well, succeed at everything and be better than me, not necessarily for her, but for me. I need that example from the person who I will forever be more closely connected to than any other person on this earth.
I desire so much for a relationship with her and yet every time we seem to get a long I eventually mess that up. I mis-understand her, I criticize her, and I envy her all at the same time, I can't seem to gain a happy medium.
I feel as though I have succeeded with one and completely failed the other. I desire something better, I know that it will take time, but at the same time - I miss her. I want to share my life with her and I have made this even more difficult being 2000 miles away, again. I'm sorry I continue to let you down, you have always been one of my best friends and I hope you realize what a blessing you are to me - a great sister, no matter how different or a far apart we are.
I now hope that I can raise my girls to also endure the blessings of being a sister, for this is a wonderful gift that not everyone gets to enjoy.
As Wilford Woodruff once said, he would not take gold for any of his blessings.
Neither would I.
"The course of our lives is seldom determined by our great, life altering decisions. Our direction is often set by the small, day-to-day choices that chart the track on which we run. This is the substance of our lives- Making Choices." Gordon B Hinkley





1 comment:
good thing I have you!
Post a Comment