Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I Wonder.....

Reason #1

Reason #2

Reason #3

and Reason #4, I wouldn't wish to change a thing!


There are often times I wish for Money to fall out of the sky, a large check to come in the mail or a winning lottery ticket. I know that in order to win the Lottery I would have to actually play it, but there was a time when I felt very strongly about my chances of having something financially beneficial happening to Cory and I. Or so I thought. It was just after we moved to Iowa that I had an overwhelming feeling - " I've already won the lottery"

I have thought about this a lot, I really wanted to believe that it would mean financially. I am sure many of us think about how much easier life would be or nicer life would be if there was a surplus in our bank account. Many people work very hard and have so little to show for it. So I ask the question, How hard do you have to work to live a more lavish lifestyle?

Lately we have been blessed to just make it on our own. This has been a long time coming to be able to actually pay all of our own bills without the support of the church or others. We know that moving to Iowa was a big step in this process since the cost of living is so much less. Not a whole lot has changed for us financially, but we seem to have more.

I have often dreamed of a big house and a nice car. For the daily worries of putting gas in the car, or to buy clothes for the kids to be no big deal. I have thought about how my life would change if a windfall of cash came crashing down on us.

Now I am not sure how I would honestly feel if anything life changing like this would happen? I am mentioning all of this, because even with all the thoughts of burden lifting and no worries, I actually wonder how much of this is true. How much does it take to make you wish you never had it at all?

Would I be so understanding of others and their trials if I didn't have to worry about paying $5 a gallon for gas? Or more down to earth - would I still consider myself lucky when the IRS keeps your refund, your computer is on the fritz, but your kids are healthy? I know that to each his own, and while I still wish for a little extra here and there, I would much rather have our Father in Heaven help me build my character, strengthen my faith, and pour blessings upon my head, for enduring the trials that are laid in the path before me. I would rather have the blessings of a bad day with all of my kids and give me the opportunity to teach them how to earn their pride, confidence and self esteem. Not every parent gets to do this, but I do.

My greatest calling here on this earth is all of my beautiful children. They teach me so much everyday, especially to not forget to smile.
So in the end, I realize that I have already won the lottery, even though my house is still a mess. My life is so blessed with the things that I need the most - My Children.

Have you won the Lottery? Are you rich? I am, and just like many Americans we live paycheck to paycheck, but I wouldn't change this for anything. I have already won the lottery.

No comments: