As most of you know, for the past three years or so I have had major back pain which has caused me to be on a high level of pain medicine for long periods of time.
About a month ago, I underwent some testing to see if it would be possible to resolve the situation without having major back surgery. What we discovered it is possible to "kill" the damaged nerve that is causing me so much pain, so on Friday I went to the doctor to have this procedure done.
It lasted about an hour, and I was awake for the entire procedure, although they gave me some "happy juice". I did not feel most of the procedure, but the part I did feel almost sent me through the roof. It was where they sent the electric shock through the nerve to deaden it.
I have been on the couch since Friday afternoon, it's been hard to sleep and even harder to get up and do things. Chandler has been my big helper bringing me ice packs every half hour or so, and helping Mom clean the house. We were blessed to have Melinda's mom in town this week, and it was nice to spend some time with her, even if I was relegated to the couch.
The pain over the past two days has been about ten times worse than the original pain that I went to the doctor for. I was told this is normal. I am having some significant weakness in my right leg, which I am not sure if that is normal or not, and I will be following up on that with my doctor tomorrow.
The doctor told me it could take up to 14 days for me to feel the actual results. I hope this works, otherwise the alternative is major surgery and six weeks on my back. I am sure that neither the children or Melinda would appreciate that. :)
Just thought I would provide an update. I hope all is well with everyone.
Cory
1 week ago





1 comment:
I hope it works out for you, I would not like being sidelined for 6 weeks. I would need serious psychiatric help.
Joe
Post a Comment