yeah, it's the worlds smallest violin and as my mom used to say, It's playing for me.
I'll admit, I've had my share of complaining lately. I am positive I will never be voted mother of the year or anything like that.
This last weekend just sucked! My kids were on repeat like an old skipping record and oh my gosh I wanted to cuss, and I would have too. 100 or more times, if Chan didn't commit everything to his memory like an elephant. I did however say "shut up" a few too many times. I know, I know - naughty me - but that's the problem. It was ME and not you.
I am sure somebody in my house swallowed a jar of annoying, cause it was going around like a candy bar in the hands of a two year old! At one point, C went to the store and asked me if I needed anything in particular. I told him that if he would bring me back a bottle of Sanity that it would be greatly appreciated. Turns out they only sell that stuff to the REAL crazy people in the form of a prescription, Stay at home mommies excluded. So sad, I really could have used some of that.
Just so I can feel a little more justified in my complaining, let me give you a little run down:
Saturday - Not one child cared to listen and acted as if they were deaf but most certainly NOT mute! Fighting seemed to be at the top of their To Do List followed by talk, talk, talk and more talking. "hey, look!" "Can I have some?" "Hey, guess what?" and on, and on! I seriously wished I had a working remote with a mute button - it would have paid for itself in the first 10 minutes!
Sunday- Started early. Midnight, just enough time to say that Saturday was over. Noosh decided to be awake for 4 hours, KD slept maybe 30 minutes and Chan got sick. Barfing everywhere sick.
I still went to church. I needed a break. Dad stayed home with the boys and got absolutely nothing accomplished. Chan didn't start to feel better until it was bed time.
Monday- Sleep for KD was still rocky, Noosh slept a tad better, but nothing to write home about. I took KD's temp and she was sporting 102.4 under her arm. I called the doctor - they wanted to see us at 11:30. Chan of course stayed home from school. He was feeling himself again and I would have loved to have sent him back to school, but as a precaution and courtesy to others, we kept him home. It's not like they would have known he was sick if we didn't tell. Very tempting. I should get a medal for that!
I took KD in to her pediatrician thinking it was probably an ear infection and we would be on our way. Nope. The "your days gonna suck" fairy decided to stick around for another day! After many tests, we are still unsure of the reason and will be going back tomorrow. We spent 3 hours in the hospital and have no answers. Poor baby, doesn't have any good veins yet and was poked way too many times. She was given an antibiotic shot before we left just to make sure we keep ahead of what ever this is. If only she didn't piggy back the other kids I might have a better week.
Once we got home, Noosh decided to make it snow inside the house and ripped Styrofoam apart for a more realistic scenery. The older kids thought it was funny to watch me chase him through the house trying to get him to stop, he finally gave up and threw the rest at me while laughing hysterically. Well, at least he had fun!
My house has taken a beating and right now, I really don't care. Let's just say I'm a little less motivated today. For instance, the after school snack was brought to you by KFC - I know, that takes talent to be so prepared. I'm like an Iowa version of Martha Stewart or something.
Anyway, I hope my next post is not so what's the word...... sh****, ok - not really going to say that, but I thought about it :)





5 comments:
I hate that fairy. I'm glad she's at your house instead of ours. I also hate styrofoam messes. We have a no styrofoam rule at our house. And I don't mind it when you complain, because you do it so well!
Ya, that fairy lives at our house sometimes. I've often seriously considered something that can be put on my children that I can push a button and it will give them a little shock to remind them to knock it off or behave. And if they keep doing it, the shock can be more uncomfortable. Just kidding...kind of?
UGH!! I am sorry for the sickness!! I would take KFC for a snack ANY DAY!! I am happy you made it through.
um, it could be worse? not sure how, but trying to keep the glass half full. And no, its not because I wasnt there in your shoes, I shared the same kind of day... I got crapped on by the same sh**** fairy, and plenty of those cuss words flew out of my mouth for the both of us... On top of the other garbage that spewed on my monday I broke my favorite picture frame from mom and dad, and oh yeah from mexico... irreplacable and now broken, I have 3 nice, decent size, inconvienent for bandaid cuts on my hands that make it difficult to type tho... so I got something to remember the frame by I guess (see glass half full comment above) I will stop my B* fest tho and let this be your soap box :) I hear 'sister (no kids aloud)vacation' screaming at me..what do you think?
Love Ya!
Don't let her fool you. I heard some cuss words. And each one was justified. It was a nightmare, and my wife is a saint.
Post a Comment