Friday, February 13, 2009

Chan's first book

For the FIRST time EVER - I listened to Chan read an entire book by himself.

There are no sweeter words, than listening to the child that has struggled so deeply with words, to now hear him sounding them out and reading in sentences!

This is a remarkable step forward. He has struggled with reading for always, and I couldn't be more proud of him! It is awesome to see his confidence and his improved ability. He didn't get frustrated one time. Such an improvement!

He is such a smart kid, I knew he would get this.
Reading will probably always be a bit like a foreign language to him, but that's okay - we all learn differently!

Awesome job Buddy! I knew you could do this.

3 comments:

rychelle said...

YEAH Chandler!!!

Anonymous said...

Those of you who might have children who have issues with learning will know how truly amazing this day is.

Chandler is incredible at math, can recite hockey rules from memory and knows everything there is to know about Star Wars. But for him to sit down and read - something that is very frustrating for him - and do it without frustration is truly amazing.

What an amazing kid. More than that, what a proud father who will remember this day forever.

The Eagars said...

That is so AWESOME! Great job!
It was so fun having you all over the other day. Lets do it again. You have such great kids and I especially love that they all tolerate Little K really well. So please, lets play more!