About 2 years ago, I discovered my love for photography. My father was an amazing photographer- but old school, no digital anything for him. But that was what is so amazing about his pictures, What you see, is ALL talent, no digital enhancements with any of his. We are so lucky to have photoshop, and digital cameras. I love that when I take a picture of my kids, they ask me right away if they can see it. That was never a possibility when dad took pictures, just the old 35mm film and some batteries in his camera. Now I get to upload them directly to my computer, and print them through a website online and they come in the mail. Man, that makes me feel lazy. We are so spoiled with technology and yet I don't even think I could figure out how to use half of it.
Taking pictures is a relaxing thing for me. I enjoy it almost as much as a massage. I know, sounds odd, but true. There is just something beautiful about getting the perfect picture and feeling satisfied that I have preserved that moment in time through my eyes. The way I see it. I am no where near the talent level I would love to be, but I know that through my first 10,000 pictures, I will get there.
So I promise to never apologize for the amount of pictures I take, and to never tell you i'm sorry for posting so many, because this is what I do. This is me, through the eyes of a camera lens. My life laid out through pictures. Documenting our children as they grow, the world changing around us and my passion for the click of a button in hopes of capturing that one picture that speaks to my soul.





No comments:
Post a Comment