Wait, you haven't even heard why, yet...
Yes, I am a terrific person and I work hard and my kids think I am the bestest mother ever, and other people think I am pretty cool too, but you already knew that.
But the whole reason for this post and this little brag session is......
I took my kids to see Curious George at the library today - and I SURVIVED!!!
Yep, That's it.
But it deserves some HUGE kudos.
I despise stuff like this.
There's nothing like a good old gathering of way too many little kids and their even more annoying parents in a small room trying to do crafts and get pictures with a man in a monkey suit. (Totally said with all the sarcasm I can possibly muster through words) and totally not my idea of fun. There are days I would probably rather clean both the toilets with a toothbrush than stand in line so my kids can touch a life sized cartoon character.
I don't mind the cartoon, it is actually preferred over the whiny, bad example of how a child should act Caillou. I just don't like gathering with a bunch of other people who don't know me. I even went late trying to get out of it. I thought maybe I could convince the kids that something else would be more fun- to no avail. Turns out I knew several of the people there and it wasn't so bad. The crafts were decent and we didn't even have one meltdown.
But wait, it gets better. I promised the kids some Ice cream for helping me "clean" the playroom, so I took them to the local Whitey's and the whole time Chan kept telling me that it was the best day ever and how much he loved me. What? who is this kid? Have you met him?
Then Beans kept thanking me for all the fun times and said she loved me, no less than thirty times.
What's the catch? When is the ball gonna drop?
This has to be too good to be true. If summer break is going to be this easy, bring it ON!
And what would be a great post about nothing without a bunch of pictures of some pretty cute kids taken by yours truly??





3 comments:
I barely made it through Curious George!! But, Will loved it! I hope the rest of your days were as great as yesterday!
You're much braver than I am. All I had to do was think of Banana screaming at the sight of an overgrown monkey, and Em trying to pull his head off and I counted myself out.
I love, love, love that pic of KD in the colored barrel? is it? I think you deserve all those things too. You are an awesome mom :)
Post a Comment