Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blog Wall

I've decided that I have hit a blog wall when it comes to posting.
I have no flow, no inspiration. I have just simply been blogging pictures. Which is not entirely bad, but not quite as good as reading an excerpt that is comparable to eating a good piece of chocolate cake.

This last weekend we watched a friends 4 kids for her while her hubby attempted to surprise her to a 2 night getaway without children.
She has thanked me no less than a gazillion times and while I only need to hear it once to know I was appreciated, I also want her to know that I was simply paying it forward.
We have had our fair share of others stepping in and helping us with kids or other things and while I cannot always pay back that person, I most certainly can pay it forward. So, although I waived my white flag after the first night and another REALLY Awesome mommy stepped up to the plate, I accept your gazillions of thank yous and remind you that if you never find an opportunity to repay the favor, it's okay. Just pay it forward.

The weather here has been decent. The temp is nice and warm, with a touch of muggy and some rain. Pleasantly Midwest.
I have enjoyed the weather and again, Mr. Howerton and I have decided that we may forever live in Iowa. There is just something so peaceful and down to earth about this place.

I enjoyed a three mile speed walk along the Mississippi River yesterday and I think it is my new favorite place to be. The breeze, the tinge of foul smell, and the spray off the little waves when a barge goes by. I have been able to find every excuse possible to go down there. It reminds me who I am and places me where I need to be, kind of like Yoga without so many difficult and yet enjoyable stretches. :)

Nooshie is home from school for a couple of days. He is not feeling well and I have to admit, it is entirely okay with me. I enjoy his little comments and playful teasing. He is even attempting to help me fold the clothes. I will have to re-fold them, but that is okay with me. KD seems to be happy too. Her playmate has returned and she lets me clean and well, blog. Maybe I just needed my little man.

Here are some pictures I took with the family along the river for our walk and then yesterday of KD in the beautiful weather- enjoy.





KD is starting to look more and more like a toddler instead of a baby, it makes me sad, but it's hard to stay that way, because she is so darn cute.




2 comments:

rychelle said...

I am sorry that Nooshie is home. If he is feeling better...maybe we can play. I was happy to help! I am happy you were able to play with your family. I love the river...I wonder if it wouldn't smell if the casinos could just leave! And...don;t get me started on the pictures...ADORABLE!

Becky said...

Amazing pictures, as always! The riverwalk is so much fun! Hopefully we can get some nice weather and just play all summer!
Hang in there- blog block happens!