So today is park day with our church. I hadn't been able to make it all summer, but made a point to go this morning as I knew that school would be starting at the end of the month.
while I was there I was talking with another mother, I was shocked to find out that School had started TODAY for some schools and next week for the remaining schools. Why wasn't I notified? How could this happen? I left the park feeling angry that something so important for not only me, but for my kids could've gone overlooked.
I have only received one thing in the mail all Summer long from the kids school and it was a notice to pay their fees for the upcoming school year. They quickly cashed the $140 check, and obviously recognized that my children will be attending, but somehow I was overlooked when sending out notices for Registration, first day of school and Meet your teacher night!
I called the elementary school that Chandler will be attending as a First Grader, and Alyssa as a Kindergartner. The Secretary that answered the phone was able to answer my questions, but reacted as though I was the dumb one for not being informed. I made her aware that I never received anything in the mail and I received no reply. So in my steam of frustration I called the Davenport Community School District and vented to the Assistant Superintendents Executive Secretary on her voice mail. I have not yet received a reply back - but rest assured, I will call again and again until someone can explain how our family was overlooked.
So with all of this hassle, I have found out that Chandler Starts school next week and that Alyssa will be testing on Thursday and Start on Friday! Thank goodness I have completed their school shopping for supplies (which I got the list from Wal-mart, not the school) and their clothes. I was preparing for this day, just not mentally prepared for it to start so soon. You would think that they would at least have information about the first day on their website - NOPE!
Anyway - I'm sure it will all go fine - just needed to vent. :)
1 week ago





No comments:
Post a Comment