Today we were all sick, so we stayed home from church and well, vegged. We played a lot of games, made a lot of messes and surfed a lot on the internet.
We decided to not make it all a loss, so Cory and Aly created a lesson for the family so that we can say we had something spiritually uplifting today.
Two minutes into the lesson, I looked at Cory and said " We could be a skit on SNL" the kids were all over the place. Cory was reading a scripture, Kady was playing musical chairs jumping from seat to seat. Spencer was yelling at her, Aly was doing some skipping routine off to the side, and Chandler, well Chandler was trying hard to listen but the sounds of the other kids were bothering him so he was nodding his head with his hands covering his ears, not covering his ears, covering his ears.
It was hard to not start in with our favorite lines from some of our favorite skits. Man, we got so off track. It wasn't all for not. We only had two kids walk off mad and then come back. I think they did get something from it and not just the cookies.
Cory is usually out of town on Monday's so I have been holding FHE on my own with the kids. Cory's final comment tonight, was "well, that wasn't productive" Just so you know- they are almost always this way, sometimes better, sometimes worse. We probably get a gold star just for the effort though. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.
I went through almost 6,000 photos today. Every year we create photo calendars as a gift for all the grandparents. We are a little late getting this one going this year, but it appears they will still be on time. :) I can hardly believe that I have taken that many photos of just my kids in one year. There were some days of downloads that I had to sort through 400 - 700 photos. Crazy.
We had it narrowed down to just the final 150. Then down to 53. We're getting closer. Cory promises to work on them this week- thank you Vista Print :)
Here are some of the latest photos that I took this last week on our snow days.









No comments:
Post a Comment