Thursday, October 1, 2009

To my dearest neglected blog:

Dear Blog,
First I want to say, it's not you. It's me. I hope we can still be friends, though.

September was a bummer. No good news to report. Life was mundane and unexciting.
One post. So Sad. For you, I mean. Really, what does it take to be more neglected and unnoticed than having no one care. You have hit rock bottom and I am afraid that there may be nothing I can do to save you. I might try, but that would involve some sort of effort and honestly- It's now October and I don't know if I want to put forth the effort, or if I would just rather enjoy the cold, windy, rainy dark cloud weather that has found its way to the armpit of nothingness. And by nothingness, I mean Iowa. Maybe this is just another excuse for the affair I have been having with Facebook, but let's be honest. It has more of what I want.

You have been a good way for me to vent, but I've lost my flow. I've lost the passion. The fire between us left along time ago and I am willing to work at this to try and make it better, but I can't do this alone. You have just sort of sat there and been unimpressive and boring and seriously, I'm gonna need more from you too.
Starting today, I'm going to bookmark you again. I know, this is a big step for me. See, I am trying. Let's do this together. More blogging the good times and a little bit of positive word flow. No more brain blocks and idiotic attempts of something sassy or funny. Just the real deal and happy endings. Nothing made up- the real stuff.

I appreciate your attempt at helping me, but I was looking for a more meaningful relationship with something other than my own mind. Sad- for you, not me. I have really great friends and a supportive family. So great in fact - it has led to your neglect. I'm a bad blogger. my smooth moves and fast typing have all but dried up. But like I said, I will try to give it another go, if you'll have me back.
So what do you say?
Are we good?

Let's just take this slow at first, I don't want to rush this.

I still love you, just not like I used to. (We'll work on that too.)

Love,
your sister from another mister.

No comments: