I should start out by saying that I have been working very hard this summer to teach the kids to use Kinder words. Instead of "I hate it" - we use "I don't like it". Instead of "Stupid" we use "Silly" and so on. It doesn't always work, but I have to try. So from the title of this entry, I am only being a role model, But I really don't like it!
I don't like it when Cory is gone all week at work and travels all weekend, just to get home in time to start his work week all over again and then travel the next weekend. I have been home alone with All 4 kids pretty much all of June. Now I know that there are families (military and such) that do this a lot longer and more frequently than I have to and I look up to you for your sacrifice, but I didn't sign up or marry military or such.
I feel guilty saying all of this since Cory just finished saying what an understanding person I have been with the demands of his job and career, but I can only be great most of the time. WE all have our limitations and I've hit mine - Times expired.
I just finished a phone conversation with Cory where he got done telling me that his flight has been delayed in New York and he probably won't be home until 8am Monday. I realize that these things happen, but I am so worn down and tired right now - I think my arms just might fall off. I have joked about being a single married mom in the past, but this time it feels worse. We are still experimenting with Chandler's medications so his highs and lows are all over the place. We were supposed to see the specialists in Iowa City at the University last week, but of course the Highway was flooded and we weren't going to make it unless we took a 3 hour detour. It has since been re-scheduled, but that doesn't help me today. Aly has been starting to act a lot more like a 13 year old, always saying something beyond her 4 years (not necessarily nice either). Spencer still has the high pitch scream, which he uses whenever he doesn't get his exact way, or just to get my attention - and then Kady has decided that while dad is gone, she wants to spend quality time with me from Midnight until about 2:30am wide awake. Needless to say, I'm tired and crabby.
We have one more weekend of travel to go this month- Cory has a 4 game home stand this week and leaves again on Friday for 4 days. This time to Miami. He will return home during another 7 day home stand. We are supposed to get 2 weekends out of July with him - so we are going to keep our fingers crossed. Then no more travel until August.....
Grandma has mentioned that she might try and come visit us in a couple weeks - and it would be a much needed visit, but no pressure grandma :)
And Kirk (Cory's Boss) if you read this - I know its not your fault, but you could send him home early at least one day this week.... He's kind of stubborn, so he needs to be told and he has stopped listening to me when I ask :)





1 comment:
Hey Melinda, I feel for you. I think I would be going crazy too. Transitioning to a new home, new baby, and 3 other kids is a HUGE and demanding job. I say that on one of the days that he is gone you need to go by yourself all day and do whatever your heart desires. It is not selfish one little bit!!!!! You need a great massage and some peace and quiet. Also, It would be a huge bonus if the house was clean when you got home.
Post a Comment