After ten years of marriage, you come to a point that you realize your married life is NOTHING like it was before kids, and it most certainly does not mirror a dating life.
Day in, day out, you live. You live for work, for kids, for paying bills, going to doctor appointments, going to church, eating, sleeping and doing it all over again. There is very little room for me time, let alone time for either of us to spend one on one quality time with each child separately. So what's left?
For Ten years, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING else, came first.
Lucky for us, we are a good fit. We are truly best friends. When life would throw us lemons, we made lemonade.
When we hit the the 10 year mark, we realized that while, we are good, we should probably learn to make time for us. If we didn't do this now, we might find ourselves displaced when our home was empty and the only thing left was he and I.
We implemented date night. Friday or Saturday night, every couple of weeks, we have hired a babysitter and gone out to spend kid free time together. We LOVE it!! We have never had so many opportunities to date. We have been out before in our ten years. But often times we took at least a baby with us. This is truly the first time, consecutive that we can get away for about 3 hours and just enjoy each others company. So this is what it feels like.....
Last month for the first time ever, I tasted Cheesecake Factory. I could talk a whole paragraph about that place. But the fact that Milwaukee has one, is pleasure enough.
This weekend we are planning on going to the Fair, Cory and I plan on going Friday. By O U R S E L V E S, then Saturday we will go as a family. While it may still be the same fair, they will be TWO totally different experiences.
Dating your spouse is the best thing ever. I know how hard it is to find the time to do this, but I highly recommend you do anything you can to make it happen.
1 week ago





1 comment:
Awesome!
This year is our 10 year anniversary and we have been working on dating again, too! We love it and have missed it!!!!
Keep going!
Post a Comment