Today it hit me.
Tomorrow is my last full day in Iowa.
Tomorrow is the day that I will go to bed for the last time in this home.
As I walk through the empty rooms in our home, it has easily become more and more aware that we are not staying. A Home that has been so good to us. A State that has offered so many benefits for our children and a ward full of people that I love. Friends I have made that I intend to keep for life. Today my heart is a little more sad as I realize that although I have been busy and preoccupied, I need not say goodbye, but rather, until next time.
While we have an obvious distaste for Iowa, there have been some great moments too. We will forever remember this place. Kady was born here! Iowa will always own a piece of the Howerton life map. Not our favorite place by any means. I keep telling people we are city people and while D-Port has been that City for many people, to us it is a small town. I need tall buildings in my world. The smell of traffic sitting on the freeway in the summer (and yes it has a smell) is something I desire. I am excited to open this new chapter in our life, in a new city with so many things to do. We are excited that the Jelly Belly factory is just south of us, we are excited that the zoo is rated in the top 10 of the nation. That a quick 40 minute drive and we'll be at the Wisconsin Dells. I am excited that the city sits on Lake Michigan. giving us the appeal of an ocean, without the coastal weather of the Northwest. I am excited to claim a city that has both an NBA and MLB team. Although they are not very good, at least we have one! No more tractors driving down the road, a less inhabitants of May flies, and not as many (if any) Tornado sirens.
While we have lived and had a wonderful home in Iowa. It never felt like home.
So I walk through the empty rooms and remember the good times, our friends and this time that will forever be "when the Howertons lived in Iowa"
So now I say, until next time, with a deep love for each of you, your friendship, your support and of course your babies :)
1 week ago





4 comments:
This post is very sad to me, but it seems to have a good vibe, you are obviously looking forward to this move, so I am happy for you. I am disappointed that I never knew you better and that kd never got to like us/nursery ;) We are happy for you and your family though I will desperately miss one of my most favorite little boys...Spencer. He never ceases to put a smile on my face, I love that boy.
Good luck Howertons!!! We wish you all the best. Safe travels!
I will definately miss you! Will pouted all the way home from the park! You have definatley made an impact on me as I have lived here! Love ya! Enjoy the next adventure!
Oh Howertons! We will miss you! The picnic was so much fun. My Sessa couldn't throw enough water at Chandler!!! And bustin' out the Dr Pepper was classic!!! I feel like we could have spent more time together and I am sorry we didn't! I can honestly say that Iowa is where we met a rockin' family, the Howertons!!!
I love you! You will have a wonderful and amazing time in your new home! What a blessing to be moving to a place that you are so excited about!!!
Keep blogging! And keep in touch!
I am so excited for you guys and your new adventure! (I might have teared up just a little while reading this...) YOu are an amazing family and deserve the best!!
Post a Comment